Saturday, November 17, 2007

4.5 months hence

4.5 months hence..experiencing strong signs of homesickness - i would call it lifestyle-sickness..a nostalgia about the old lifestyle, environs and social circle (though limited:) in the US. heck, even watching CNN presidential debates leaves me with a warm feeling inside! the dreams where i'm driving my car on a US-route or I-something are the worst..oh, to drive on those road again! Also missing the sharp and fresh winter air of the midwest and northeast. and of course, i miss my wife too:) wish i could go catch the latest flick or drive 10-15 miles to try out a new restaurant with her.

on the other hand, certainly dont miss doing dishes, laundry, shopping, cleaning etc. now trying to come up with a plan to have it all. that would need some sort of business/enterprise/occupation that is based in one country but also operating in the other. of course, it should also be fulfilling and exciting, so working for XYZ company is not an option, since i like to control my time.

for now, its a busy time for me, with the carnatic music season about to begin here. I've been looking forward to this, having never really enjoyed a classical music concert in the US except in bits and parts (due to my lack of understanding of the music, no doubt, but music is as much felt as heard and understood).

so, 4-5 months after the move, when the initial frenzy of resettling has died down, is when one can calmly examine the future that lies ahead and with it comes all the anxieties of the life left behind and the new road ahead. This is a trying phase but not unexpected and it will be interesting to see what comes out of it in the future.

1 comment:

Soultalk said...

Hi Prashanth,

Iam thinking of returning to India in 2008. While surfing the web for any support, career advice and the answers to a million questions crossing my mind, I came across your blog. Good to know that you've been hanging out there ! thanks for sharing your experience.

I hope to explore the job market in India when Iam there in Feb 2008. Wish you good luck in your endeavours